Durham Recruiting is currently recruiting for a Communication Specialist for our technology and innovation service provider located in the heart of the Durham Region.
The Role in a Nutshell:
In a nutshell our partner helps support technology and innovation entrepreneurs who require knowledge and support to launch, develop and grow. You will be part of an amazing team of successful people whose primary goal is helping entrepreneurs succeed. You will be in charge of managing social media, generating the newsletter (content and sending out), updating website with new content (must be experienced in Word Press) and managing all media relationships. A full list of responsibilities will be give to those who are interviewed.
What Stood Out For Us:
This is a very high-profile agency and as such, you will have the opportunity to interact with political and business leaders in Durham & Northumberland Regions. This is a fast-paced environment and you will be exposed to many new innovative start-ups and entrepreneurs. With that all being said, it was clear to us that this is a team who cares about the success of others, empathetic and a real passion and is what drives them.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Permanent full-time position
- Very high-profile agency – You will have the opportunity to mingle with many of the key political and business leaders in the area
- Exposure to new and innovative businesses – lots of variety!
- Have the opportunity to make a REAL difference in budding entrepreneurs’ lives
- Attend events, meet lots of new people in a very supportive environment
- Develop multiple skillsets – Business, Service, Sales, Marketing, Admin, Soft Skills
- Monday – Friday 8:30 to 5:00
- $40, 000 to $45, 000 Salary depending on experience. This is a set rate however, there is room for growth as you develop your skills and tenure with the company
- Friendly, inviting and modern office
- Great downtown Oshawa location – transit accessible
What We Need From You:
- Outgoing personality who enjoys being a team player to their core and loves speaking to people
- Willingness and ability to wear ‘ten different hats’ a day. There is job variety in this role, no two days will be the same and will need someone who takes initiative to be successful
- 3+ years in a similar role within Communications or Journalism
- Professional experience with all Social Medial tools and Communication tools
- Proficient in: MS Office, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- University Degree or College Diploma in communications or journalism
We here at Durham Recruiting would like to thank you for your application. Only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full listing of all our available roles please visit our website at www.durhamrecruiting.ca. We update our roles every week as every week we get new ones in.