Durham Recruiting is currently recruiting for 2 (two) Environmental Health & Safety Managers with our well respected and innovative manufacturing/ industrial company located in Northumberland.
In a nutshell our partner who already have a solid track record of H&S are transforming their business to have the absolute highest health and safety standards in the industry. There are two divisions in their business and require H&S manager for each. The ideal candidates will work with the plant manager to help develop, drive and execute the next level standard.
Our client will be continuously improving their procedures, policies, facilities and machinery for now and into the future as they seek to continue their global leadership in safety parts & services across several industries.
What Stood Out For Us:
The company has been in business for over 100 years and have grown and evolved over the years through innovative engineering and technology. They have built a reputation on quality innovative products that allow for their customers to work safely. It was clear to us the company has worked hard over the last couple years to build a culture of teamwork and collaboration. This has driven exceptionally high employee satisfaction ratings and better engagement overall. Additionally, in this unionized environment, there is a solid relationship in place with very little issues.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Salary dependent on experience and specific industry knowledge $75, 000 to 100, 000
- Monday – Friday Day time hours
- Benefits, RRSP, 3 Weeks’ Vacation to start
- Opportunity to implement the new standard in H&S and own it – these are permanent roles
- Work with a company that puts H&S as its number 1 priority (high profile role)
- You will be a leader in the business, but not there to police people on the floor (supervisors will be responsible for this)
- Be part of a global leader and interact with counterparts in other locations – with some travel involved
As mentioned above, this is a big and important undertaking. Below are key points to consider before applying to this job. See below:
- Reporting into the Plant Manager to ensure full implementation of internal protocols and procedures across the site. This will include updating policies / procedures and changes to the production floor
- Once new procedures are in place working very closely with Supervisors/operators to provide guidance and all enhancements are complied with and maintained
- Monitor and assess compliance, timely data collection, monitoring and analysis for reportable metrics
- Facilitate ongoing trainings, behavioral programs and improvements throughout entire tenure
- Assist with investigations of accidents, incidents and near misses
- Interaction with regulatory agencies during inspections, inquires, representing the company in negotiations
Full scope of the role will be discussed with successful candidates during face to face interviews
What We Need From You:
- Must be okay with being active in this role. This is not a sit behind a desk Health & Safety role
- Amazing can-do attitude, passion for ensuring the safety of everyone involved in the plant and someone who enjoys continuously looking for ways to improve the facility
- 5 + years in a similar Senior Health & Safety role within an industrial manufacturing facility
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and SharePoint
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed and travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally (must be okay to travel into the United States)
- Ideally, we are looking for someone with experience working in an ISO environment – 9001, 14001, 45001
- Must be able to work in both an office setting, in the plant (dirty, dusty, noise) and outdoors as needed in all types of weather
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full list of all of our available roles please visit www.durhamrecruiting.ca