Durham Recruiting is working on behalf of our established and growing partner located in Stouffville for the position of Senior Commercial HVAC Installer and Service Technician. Although located in Stouffville they require service technicians to service their clients throughout the GTA and as such, they require a tech located in the Richmond Hill area. Moreover, they have a dedicated focus on work life balance and therefore, the successful candidate will be working in proximity of their home. The typical work week is 40 to 45 hours plus one on call week once every four weeks (emergency calls after hours are maybe once a week if that). While you do an on-call rotation it is very rare that you are called out.
About Our Partner:
In business for 12 years, the owner and core team have been together for a very long time i.e. they are not a revolving door. They are laid back but take true pride in their work providing exceptional customer service, workmanship and advice to their clients. They are small enough to pay personal attention to every job, but big enough to take on large complex commercial HVAC maintenance, service and installation jobs. They work with very large high-profile companies and pride themselves on accepting complex jobs throughout the GTA.
IF you like challenges, ever changing types of work AND likes to work independently with little supervision then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
What Stood Out For Us:
What stood out for us was this companies focus on work life balance! In this industry it can be all or nothing and with our client they have worked very hard over the years to find the right balance of work to keep their employees around that 40 to 45 hours a week consistency.
When hiring our client focus’s on attitude and character first, it is very important to the owner that the people he hires represent their brand well and ensures customer service is always at a 10++ level. Our client also understands that them meaning of family life is forever changing; if you have a parental obligation that has your schedule changing every few weeks this can be accommodated. Again, family life and work life balance is key to our client!
Why Choose Our Client:
- $25-30/hr depending on experience
- 40 to 45 hours a week (slower months in January / February where you may go down to 35hrs / week)
- Company Van for work use only – kept at home (time starts once you have been driving for an hour from your home)
- Commercial and Industrial contracts only
- Work throughout the GTA but they do their absolute best to keep you within an hour of your home – they are very respectful of your time
- Receive your scheduled jobs each Friday for the following week. 80% of your week is scheduled and approx. 20% is filled in with on call and emergency calls
- You basically get to run this role like your own company. The client leaves it up to you to get the jobs assigned completed within the week.
- Flexibility in start / end times. Our client understands that everyone’s home life is a little different and will do everything in their power within reason to be as accommodating as possible
- Servicing clients throughout the GTA with a good majority of your jobs being in the Richmond Hill and surrounding area when possible
- Approx 70% Service calls and 30% installs
- Experience working with all makes and models of heating and cooling systems for commercial buildings with the potential to get into industrial buildings
- Installing HVAC systems for both cooling and heating systems and Servicing those sites
Rare but there may be times when you must respond to an emergency on site at a client’s facility while you are on call 1 week out of every 4 weeks
- Maintaining/repairing mechanical and electrical equipment
- Working within a team-based environment that prides itself in sharing knowledge and teaching those that are just starting off in the trade
What You Bring to The Table:
- Passion for the trade – we want to hear why you got into this trade, be ready to tell us your story and why you have stayed in this industry
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 5+ years experience with installing and servicing Commercial Buildings - Industrial experience is considered an asset
- 313A Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic Certificate
- Gas 2 License or Gas 1 License Required
- Experience with Sheet Metal / Refrigeration and Heating
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform detailed daily record keeping and reporting
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Clean driving record is imperative and valid driver’s license
We here at Durham Recruiting would like to thank all those that apply, only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. To view all current job openings please follow us on LinkedIn or Facebook as we post all jobs every Monday.
Owner - Durham Recruiting