Durham Recruiting is looking for an Inside Sales Representative for the Steel industry for our stable and growing client in Concord (Dufferin and the 407 area). The person we are looking for has a true passion for working with their clients to ensure the best possible client service and for someone who enjoys working in a small office. This is a new location for our client, so it is a great time to come on board and have make a huge impact.
This role is responsible for sourcing new customers and contacting existing customers for further opportunities. As an inside sales rep you will also be developing quotes, writing orders and keeping in contact with the client at all times.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Our client has been around over 100 years, they have 22 locations under their umbrella and are still growing to this day – tones of opportunity to grow!!!
- Full Time Permanent Role
- Excellent mature work environment – clean, fun & friendly atmosphere
- Mon – Fri 8:30 to 5
- $45, 000 + depending on experience plus commission
- Benefits after 3 months
- 2-3 weeks’ vacation depending on experience
- Daily outbound calls to solicit new business with new or existing customers – KPI’s will be assigned. Working closely with the Outside Sales Rep to develop new accounts
- Develop and maintains rapport with customers and work to give them the best possible service. Follow up with clients and relay delivery times – working closely with Operations and Shipping to ensure accurate information/updates
- Receive telephone requests for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments, and cancellations directly from customers.
- Retrieve customer information, stock status information, the status of orders, and make changes on customer orders.
- Maintains files of active orders and posts activity such as change notices, scheduling changes, partial shipments, and credit changes.
- Prepares paperwork to be given to accounting department
- Other duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
- Winning “can do” personality
- The ideal candidate has a genuine love of building relationships, negotiating, customer service and problem solving
- Self-motivating and a natural energetic selling style is preferred
- 5+ years in a similar role ideally in a manufacturing or construction setting/industry
- Experience with sales support in manufacturing is considered an asset
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Accurate Data Entry Skills
- Ability to pick up new software with ease
We thank all those that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted.
Durham Recruiting – Owner