Durham Recruiting has partnered with a new franchise company here in Durham and is looking for an experienced Installer. This role will see you installing our client’s services in people’s homes and business. In an industry that works with the aging population, special needs and those with disabilities we are looking for someone with empathy, respect and amazing customer service skills. People don’t search out our client’s services because it is a ‘nice to have’, it is because their health care team has said it is a must at this point in their lives.
Our partner has been in business for just under a year at this is an excellent time to come on board as the empire is built. We are looking for someone who is looking for full-time year-round work who enjoys working in people’s homes, working at potentially 2 jobs sites a day and is comfortable driving a company truck. Your day will involve installing stair lifts (2-4 hours a job) and basic elevators (2-day projects) into client homes and business’s. This role is perfect for those who have been a General Contractor for many years and is looking for steady year-round work, something less physical then day to day reno’s but still has you out and about working with tools.
What Stood Out For Us:
Our partner is a Durham local that has always had the dream of owning his own business. He believed a franchise was the way to go yet he wanted to work with a product that helped people and made a difference in their lives. He is an extremely hard worker and has been extremely successful thus far. He is the heart of the business and is responsible for all of the sales. He is looking at this point for someone to add to the team that also wants to be a part of a success story and grow with the company.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Salary dependent on experience $20 to $25/HR
- Full time permanent position (Hour Averaging is in effect with this company over a 4-week period)
- Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm
- Great work environment, friendly people and great management that believes in treating people fairly and with respect
- Use of company truck for installs
- All tools provided
- Company phone provided
- Paid for your travel time to and from install locations (you meet at the office and start /end there)
- Huge opportunity for growth and to be a part of something from the ground up
What We Need From You:
- Positive, outgoing and proactive person that genuinely loves what they do
- Excellent customer service skills, the ability to be the face of the company and represent company values while on site
- Ability to lift 75 pounds with ease (not consistently just a few times throughout the day)
- Construction or Restoration industry experience is preferred
- Must be bondable (background check is given) with a clear driver abstract and valid drivers license
- Must be 25 years of age and older for insurance purposes
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good computer skills is considered an asset, job orders are given on a smart phone
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full list of all of our available roles please visit https://www.durhamrecruiting.ca/candidates/search-jobs/