Durham Recruiting has an opportunity to join a great brokerage for a licensed Personal Insurance Sales Broker here in Durham. Are you looking for a company that has a culture like few others, a culture made up of amazing team members that take health and wellness very seriously, that volunteer together and have a no sugar to share policy in the office then look no further!
What Stood Out For Us:
Our client takes their employee’s health and well being to another level. Not only do they give their employees every opportunity to be their healthiest possible self they also give them a platform in which they can reach every goal they have ever had when it comes to their career.
Having been around for almost 40 years our client has many lines of insurance they provide to their Durham clients but at this time we are looking for their next ‘family’ member for their personal insurance division.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Great Place to Work in Canada awarded 3 years in a row!!!
- Tenured staff … very very little turnover!!
- Growing and expanding company year over year (almost 40 years in business)
- Encouraging, supportive and friendly work environment
- Base + commission (based on experience)
- Group Benefits / RSP / DSP Plan Contribution / Elder Care Assistance
- Health & Wellness Committee / Health Reimbursement
- Volunteer Events – leu time given
- Continuing Education and Compensation for designation courses and required CE credits
- Annual staff appreciation days / lunches / celebrations
- Birthday’s off with pay!
- Unused personal days compensated at the end of the year
- Dress Down Friday’s
- Active Social Committee (team building events, 50/50 draws, potlucks, social lunches etc)
- No Sugar to share policy – company encourages healthy lifestyle
- Weekly mediation sessions / Daily Stretching mid afternoon
- Monthly hikes
- Quarterly professional nutritional and trainer brought in
- Organic Garden
- …. Have you ever seen a list like this?!?!?!?!
- A full list of responsibilities will be given during the face to face interview with Durham Recruiting. Below is a general idea of responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing friendly Customer Service, advising on insurance matters, assessing needs, recommending solutions, answering inquiries
- Take initiative to proactively mine the lead generation sources identified in the Personal Lines Lead Generator document
- Weekly and monthly pipeline planning and goal setting with clear ability to identify where the next sales are coming from
- Respond to inbound prospects via live chat immediately, website leads or marketing campaigns with 15-minute time frame
- Communicate with underwriters and obtain approvals for all underwriting referrals, documenting file accordingly
- Succeed in promoting referral contest, testimonial and digital marketing initiatives
- Ensuring clients fully understand policy coverages and exclusions through clear and concise communication to eliminate errors & omissions exposure
- Assisting with service inquiries and walk-ins as required
- Maintaining up to date client electronic files including full documentation from
- prospect to client
- Keeping current with updates in technology changes
- Maintain required RIBO education hours
- Compliance with privacy laws and regulations (PIPEDA, CASL)
- Available to support extended hours shifts
What We Need From You:
- Must have current RIBO License
- CIP or CAIB designation or working toward this designation
- An amazing, dedicated and positive attitude – we are looking for the best of the best
- At least 2+ years working as a personal insurance broker – in a sales role
- Outstanding customer service skills, listening skills and of course people skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with the ability to multi-task and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A passion for health and wellness
- Open to constructive feedback and coaching sessions
We here at Durham Recruiting would like to thank all those that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted by phone/email. Please note that every resume that is sent in to Durham Recruiting is reviewed and considered.
Looking for something else please follow us on LinkedIn as we post all open roles every Monday afternoon or go to our website at durhamrecruiting.ca to see a full list.
Thank you in advance for your time
Owner – Durham Recruiting