Durham Recruiting has a great opportunity with a new client of ours in Bowmanville. We are looking for an experienced Machine Operator / Mill Operator on the afternoon shift. The afternoon shift runs 4 days a week giving you a 3-day weekend every week!! (Monday – Thursday 10 hour shifts 3:30pm to 2:30am)
This role is suitable for someone who enjoys running a large machine from set up, to loading product, quality control, take off and preparing product from shipping. We need someone with great attention to detail, pride in their work and for someone who loves being responsible for an expensive finished product.
What Stood Out About Our Client:
Our client is an industry leader in custom roll forming for the Agriculture, Transportation and Solar Industries. Our client has a very clean, bright and safe environment. Our client’s attention to detail and quality is why their clients go on waiting lists for their product. No one in the industry is making a better product then this company. Our client is also investing in new machinery and improving the ones that they are working with. This is a company that invests in their facility.
Why Chose Our Client:
- With over 2 decades in the business our client has been able to excel in this industry and have so much work they turn work away!
- They pride themselves on their craftsmanship and quality
- Huge growth opportunity within the company
- Straight Afternoon Shift: Monday – Thursday 3:30pm to 2:00am (No Friday shift)
- $20/hr – will depend on experience
- Benefits once hired on full time by the client (after 3-month probationary period)
- You will receive Overhead Crane and Forklift Training
- Part of our exclusive Temp To Hire Program. This is a full-time role that will see you start off as a Durham Recruiting employee for just 4 weeks and if all is going well with the training period you will be hired by our client. It is 100% intent of the client to hire you full time
- You will be responsible for everything to do with you machine from the start up / change overs to loading the product, quality control and packing for shipping
- Operate rolling mill for parts production by following safety procedures and work order specifications:
- Load coils of steel and load the strip into the feeder/flattener or roll former depending on equipment configuration.
- Perform general maintenance checks on the roll former, punch press and cut-off press and record results as per specified daily / weekly procedures.
- Other duties as per customer demands and business needs
What We Need From You:
- Positive attitude, reliability and previous experience
- At least 10+ years operating a large machine, trouble shooting, set up/change overs
- Attention to detail, pride in your work and a general passion for working with machines
- Ability to work in a very noisy environment – ear protection must be worn at all times. There are numerous presses going at the same time as well as numerous Mill Rollers
- Experience working on a press machine, overhead crane and forklift is considered an asset
- Ability to work independently, self-motivating and great time management
- Ability to read blue prints, interpretation of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing is considered an asset
- Ability to use measuring equipment – for example venires, micrometers, height gauges etc
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. Every resume that is submitted to Durham Recruiting is reviewed.
For a full listing of open jobs please visit our website at www.durhamrecruiting.ca . Thank you in advance for your time.
Owner – Durham Recruiting.