Durham Recruiting is conducting a search on behalf of our highly-regarded manufacturer based in Cornwall, Ontario for the role of Maintenance Manager. They have been in business for 20 years and are the largest independent manufacturer in their industry.
Our client manufactures in the packaging industry and develops products for a specific niche within it. They have invested in top quality machines and equipment making for an attractive midsize company for any Maintenance Manager. They are committed to quality products and pride in their craft and as such, are looking for someone to lead their maintenance team to ensure smooth operation.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Newly made opportunity – Chance to drive and define it
- $65 - $75, 000 depending on experience
- Bonuses included – personal and company performance
- Day Shift – Monday to Friday
- Vacation is negotiable depending on experience
- They are committed to quality products and exceptional customer service
- They are a midsize company (roughly 45 staff on the floor) which allows them to be flexible and ability to react quickly to their environment
- Strong value system. Believe in respect and accountability
Here is an overview of the position
The Maintenance Manager under the direction of the Plant Manager, plans, directs and coordinates all activities of the building and machinery maintenance; performs electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, welding, and fabrication skills to maintain all machines; supervises maintenance staff; purchases materials and parts needed for building and machinery facilities; sets up daily preventative maintenance schedule; ensures that all building and machinery facilities are safe for all employees.
Assure all maintenance personnel is adequately trained to achieve all department and company goals safely while maintaining an injury free environment.
- Oversee all installation, repair, and upkeep of the company’s plastic extrusion lines, and conversion equipment and facilities.
- Aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting, supervising staff, allocating workload based on the maintenance personnel skills, abilities, and qualifications.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to build a positive culture and motivate a team.
- Ensure preventative maintenance schedules on all production machinery are being followed with a strong sense of urgency and understanding of critical production schedules and equipment maintenance.
Note: The detailed Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities will be provided to candidates who are selected for the interview
What We Need from You:
- Proficient with extrusion equipment, PLC, electrical systems, pneumatics, conversion machinery as well as facility maintenance, and effectively troubleshoot the equipment.
- Well versed in maintenance process and health & safety regulations.
- Planning maintenance operations. Must be a systems ‘person’ developing processes
- Working knowledge of the facilities machines and equipment.
- Ability to track and report on activity.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
We here at Durham Recruiting would like to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted.
Owner – Durham Recruiting