Durham Recruiting is looking for seasoned Industrial Manufacturing Manager with our well-respected partner that is a leading global engineering firm with a key strategic industrial facility located in Northumberland (45-60 mins east of Toronto).
Our partner is investing heavily into people, equipment and systems to continue its excellent reputation for solving customers complex problems by engineering, manufacturing and servicing mission-critical equipment for mining, industrial and construction industries.
With this in mind, you will be responsible for the management and coordination of your department. This includes oversight of all shifts, accountabilities in safety, quality, productivity, equipment, training, production, cost and overall morale of your department.
In short, you will be handling the full A-Z.
What Stood Out For Us:
The company has been in business for over 100 years and have grown and evolved over the years through innovative engineering and technology. They have built a reputation on quality innovative products that allow for their customers to work safely. It was clear to us the company has worked hard over the last couple years to build a culture of teamwork and collaboration. This has driven exceptionally high employee satisfaction ratings and better engagement overall. Additionally, in this unionized environment, there is a solid relationship in place with very little issues.
Why Choose Our Client:
- This is an extremely important role within the business and is treated as such. You will be part of the leadership team and actively engage in improvements and overall company culture
- Salary dependent on experience and specific industry knowledge $75, 000 to $90, 000
- Full time position with full benefits, RRSP’s
- Monday – Friday Day time hours
- Established in the community, stable and growing year over year – no layoffs
- Work with a company that puts H&S as its number 1 priority
- Great work environment, friendly people and great management
- Plant Manager has been with the company for many years and is very hands on but NOT a micromanager– Very organized who strongly believes in empowering his team
- Collaborative place to work, always looking for ways to improve their location and operations
- Be part of a global leader and interact with counterparts in other locations
- Plan, organize and direct manufacturing operations
- Ensure Health & Safety Policies / Procedures are followed. Participate and be accountable for accidents and incident investigations (Senior Health & Safety Department on site with this company to ensure safety is their number 1 priority)
- Come up with creative ways to minimize manufacturing costs through effective use of manpower, equipment, facilities, material and capital
- Ensure business objectives and productions schedules are met while keeping to company standards
- Run your facility with Lean Manufacturing ideas and incentives
- Coach, mentor and develop employee’s / teams and everyone involved in the operation
- A full list of responsibilities will be given during the face to face interview with Durham Recruiting
What We Need From You:
- Experience in a Manufacturing Manager role, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a heavy industrial site with Lean Manufacturing experience
- Must have experience running a unionized facility – 100+ or more staff
- Strong computer skills in MS Office required, Oracle experience is considered an asset
- Strong organizational, independent thinking and planning abilities an asset.
- Experience in strategy deployment, work planning and scheduling.
- Proven ability with change management skills, coaching and motivating a work force
- Excellent time management, communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an ISO Environment
- Experience working in an Industrial environment (dirty, dusty and noisy environment)
- A degree in Operations Management or Human Resources Management is preferred
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full list of all of our available roles please visit https://www.durhamrecruiting.ca/candidates/search-jobs/