Durham Recruiting is recruiting for 2 (two) licensed Industrial Millwrights (433A) for our manufacturing partner located in Markham. $40/hr to start - If you are looking to earn excellent compensation by way of base salary and overtime available, then this is potentially a great opportunity for you.
About Our Client:
Our client has been in operation for over 30 years and has evolved into a world-class “turn key” solution provider of tooling and production packages for their clients. Our client manufactures complex production programs from tool concept and design through to production and assembly. Their expertise and specialties include “Tool & Die Design and Build”, “Assembly” and “Metal Stamping”.
Note: 2 (two) shifts available. Straight Day or Straight Afternoon
Although they have grown into a large company, they still treat their employees like family. Management gets to know their staff and truly cares about their welling being and retention with the company.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Have been in business 30 years and growing! Have a 150K square foot facility
- They develop customized machine parts for the automotive sector - Large contracts
- Very competitive salary and overtime available
- Excellent benefit package, available after 3-month probation
- Maintenance Team: 5 guys 3 millwrights and 2 electricians. Solid group of guys!
- Diverse range of equipment, stamping presses range from 100 to 1000 tons capacity, Robotic MIG welding cells, Plasma cutting, spot welding and welding cells
- Fantastic working environment – not only does this company care about the safety of its employees it also cares and treats their staff of 100 like family
- Great tenure on staff – most employees have 15+ years in the plant
- The current employees also respect where they work – no absenteeism or late issues, little to no complaints from employees and everyone works as a team – people love working here!
- Bottom line the Managers and Senior Management respect their employees and are thankful for time and effort spent at work
- Experience in fixing, repairing and maintaining stamping presses is an asset
- This role reports directly to the Maintenance Manager, supports the Production Supervisor, Tooling and Quality Departments
- Trouble shooting mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic failures on heavy stamping equipment and mig welding equipment
- Modifying production equipment to suit production requirements
- Relocating equipment and providing services such as compressed air and ventilation to new location
- Repairing facility equipment such as ventilation units, sprinkler systems, compressors, plumbing fixtures as required
- Attending weekly departmental meetings and training sessions as required
- Report through a work order system daily all work performed on equipment including any follow up work required
What We Need From You:
- Willingness to work day or afternoon shift, work overtime and the odd weekend overtime as the produce custom parts and sometimes you may need to be called in to do the odd repair
- Working knowledge of stamping presses is considered an asset
- Resistance welding and MIG welding is considered and asset
- Good understanding of the English Language and following detailed instructions
- Must have a solid understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, friction clutch/brake systems, press valves and blue prints
- Must be able to measure and work within .001 tolerance
- Must know and practice emergency lockout on all equipment
- Must be okay working at heights
- We would like to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. Please note that every resume that comes into Durham Recruiting is reviewed.
Not the job for you? We strongly encourage everyone to check out our Job Board for our complete list of jobs that we update every Monday and Thursday. Additionally we encourage all candidates to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay up-to-date on employment opportunities.
Owner - Durham Recruiting