Durham Recruiting is conducting a search on behalf of our client located in Whitby, ON for a Industrial Millwright Apprentice that has completed their schooling. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to be part of long-standing team of mechanics within a unionized environment for a company with 125 years + in their respective industry.
The maintenance team is adding to their bench strength and is seeking to bring on board a millwright apprentice that has completed their schooling and is looking for a company to completed their hours with. Over the next couple years, you will be part of the transition of retiring mechanics to bringing on board a mix of experienced and apprentice millwrights. This is a great opportunity to take your career to the next level moving into role with one of Durham Regions top employers.
For Immediate Hire!
WHY CHOOSE OUR CLIENT:
- Rolling Shifts between Day shift 7am to 3pm, Afternoons 3pm to 11pm and Nights 11pm to 7am – Minutes to the 401
- Pay Rate: $21/hr – loads of overtime available
- Plenty of overtime available – This significantly augments your income
- Full very comprehensive benefits plan
- The Team: 1 Manager, 4 Mechanics (most have been there for decades), 1 licensed Electrician
- Each member has their own work station
- A lot of flexibility, not always working on the same things
- No patch work, they do things right
- Opportunity to work on various projects over and above usual day-to-day
- Fabrication, parts and tool making
- Very tight knit group who is welcoming
- BBQ’s and Holiday parties
- Very safe and clean environment
- All employees adhere to company procedures – Management leads by example
- Significant training in Health & Safety
You will be responsible for all typical duties that a Millwright will handle – you will work alongside their likened mechanics learning your trade in an industrial setting
Note: If you are selected for an interview a full job description will be provided but there shouldn't be any surprises
- Must be a third or forth year apprentice
- Proven capability to troubleshoot and repair paper printing and packaging machinery is an asset
- Must demonstrate capability to effectively use shop equipment for fabrications (ie. welder, lathe, mill, drill press is preferred)
- Forklift, EWP, Working at Heights training is an asset
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted for a phone interview. Thank you in advance for your time.