Durham Recruiting is conducting a search on behalf of their growing construction partner based in the Durham Region for the position of Plant Manager. Our partner has a strong and growing niche in the engineered building space whereby most of their residential/commercial structure components are pre-manufactured.
Due to their substantial growth since inception, their manufacturing division requires senior leadership to be accountable for all related activities. The current plant is divided into 2 groups and has a total headcount between 50-60 staff. Our client has recently forged a new and significant partnership that will require substantial scaling. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to align with a company that is on a growth trajectory and, offers upward trajectory for you personally within their organization.
Near Term: Establish systems, processes, logistics and optimization with an eye for scalability
Mid/Long Term: Advise on new local manufacturing plant, design and lead operational & logistics. Lead and advise teams for plants in other Canadian locations.
About Our Partner:
The management team started the business in 2016 with the goal to revolutionize the construction industry. Moreover, they hope to become the leader in offering builders and developers some of the most compelling modern engineered building solutions – structural, pre-finished wall panels, floor systems, roof framing systems. Since inception they have been on a significant upward trajectory.
What Stood Out For Us:
What stood out for us was their contagious enthusiasm for team, company and the products they are introducing into the market. They have made several key strategic partnerships which combined with their products and passion they’ve experienced exceptional Year-Over-Year growth. 2019 is going to be a record setting year for them and this is only the beginning.
- Why Choose Our Client:
- Strong leadership. The company is well managed, passionate and believe in their products
- Industry leading products & strong overall team
- Developing new and significant partnerships
- Real growth opportunity for the successful candidate
- Salary $120-140K, bonus and benefits, etc.
- Opportunity to take their current manufacturing to the next level (you can put your stamp on it)
- Be part of team of professionals who really care, passionate and inspiring
- Great location in Durham - Right off the 401
- Professional, ultra modern and friendly working environment
- Eco-Friendly is entrenched in their culture and, their products
- The plant is very modern, clean with ergonomic work stations
- The production staff has tenure i.e. is not a revolving door of staff
- Staff work very well together, have friendly competitions
- Company invests to support the needs of their team
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for all manufacturing activities.
- Leads and motivates the workforce while promoting a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Set, monitor, measure and evaluate efficiency and product quality standards.
- Ensure product is manufactured in compliance with design and technical specifications while ensuring cost, quality and delivery requirements are met
- Manage and track inventory of materials in plant
- Develop annual budget and forecast for the plant and monitor and report variances from these plans.
- Establish production standards and develop productivity improvement and cost reduction plans exceed benchmarks/data.
- Ensure that production and business needs are met through the timely receipt of materials
- Develop and implement a Materials Management system.
- Manage the Quality Assurance process in order to consistently identify and prevent non-conformance to quality standards
- Ensure that the facility is staffed and equipped to the appropriate level to ensure the cost, quality and delivery measurables are met and exceeded.
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace that complies with all applicable legislation
- Present and communicate to Executive Management, production results and plans.
- Manage and be actively involved in the coaching, career development, training and performance management of staff
- Maintain a team focus to ensure production and other related disciplines succeed
What You Bring to The Table:
- Degree or Diploma in Business or related program
- Minimum five (5) years of plant management experience
- Software: Microsoft Office, Outlook
- Resource Management – Optimizing the performance of your team
- Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
- Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Ensuring the business objectives are met while using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods and considering the needs of others.
- Safety Awareness - Being aware of conditions that affect employee safety
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email. Please note that every resume that comes into Durham Recruiting is reviewed.
Not the job for you? We strongly encourage everyone to check out our Job Board for our complete list of jobs that we update every Monday and Thursday. Additionally we encourage all candidates to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay up-to-date on employment opportunities.
Owner - Durham Recruiting