Durham Recruiting is conducting a search on behalf of our highly-regarded manufacturer based in Cornwall, Ontario for the 2 (two) Production Manager roles. They have been in business for 20 years and enjoying another growth period and as such, they have a need add experienced leaders to oversee their production lines.
Opportunity #1 – Production/ Planning Manager
Opportunity #2 – Production Manager - Extrusion
Our client manufactures in the packaging industry and develops products for a specific niche within it. They have invested in top quality machines and equipment making for an attractive midsize company for any production supervisor. Additionally, they’ve recently added a 3rd extrusion line so this is a great time to join their team.
Why Choose Our Client:
In business 20 years and growing. Recently added another line and growing their senior management team
$70 - $80, 000 & Vacation depending on experience & Benefits
Bonuses included – personal and company performance
Day Shift – Monday to Friday
They are committed to quality products and exceptional customer service
They are a midsize company (roughly 70 staff on the floor) which allows them to be flexible and ability to react quickly to their environment
Strong value system. Believe in respect and accountability
Overview of the position:
- You will report to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the production schedule, preventive maintenance management and records as well as the smooth operations of personnel and quality activities. This includes analyzing current production/capacity needs and creating the most efficient production schedules for the extrusion department.
- Additionally, you will be responsible for leading the production planning group to effectively create and maintain an efficient production schedule that meets customer requirements while minimizing cycle times and effectively utilizing inventory.
- Finally, you will accountable for the overall implementation and execution of the production planning and optimization process for conversion generation of daily production schedule and analysis, alignment of commercial, supply chain and operational assets, and managing and updating production planning and optimization tools.
Note: The detailed Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities will be provided to candidates who are selected for the interview
What We Need from You:
- 3+ years as a production or planning manager experience
- Relevant education and training/ certifications
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing experience is considered an asset
- Be a chameleon - Given the nature of our clients orders you also must be comfortable in a fast paced, every changing environment. Orders can come in quick and priorities need to change within your already scheduled day / week / month
- Must love being the ‘go to’ person for an organization. You will be relied on to know all potential work orders, what is yet to start, what is in production and what has just been finished in the system.
- Must be safety conscious yourself and be willing to hold production staff accountable
- Be a strong leader and mentor for staff
- A can-do attitude who is passionate
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email. Please note that every resume that comes into Durham Recruiting is reviewed.
Not the job for you? We strongly encourage everyone to check out our Job Board for our complete list of jobs that we update every Monday and Thursday. Additionally we encourage all candidates to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay up-to-date on employment opportunities.
Owner - Durham Recruiting