Durham Recruiting is conducting a search on behalf of our highly-regarded manufacturer based in Cornwall, Ontario for the role of Production Manager. They have been in business for 20 years and enjoying another growth period and as such, they have a need for a Production Manager to oversee the production.
Our client manufactures in the packaging industry and develops products for a specific niche within it. They have invested in top quality machines and equipment making for an attractive midsize company for any production supervisor. They are currently adding a 3rd line so this is a great time to join their team to get oversee the existing and help bring the new line live.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Newly made opportunity – Chance to drive and define it
- $65 - $85, 000 depending on experience
- Bonuses included – personal and company performance
- Day Shift – Monday to Friday
- Vacation is negotiable depending on experience
- They are committed to quality products and exceptional customer service
- They are a midsize company (roughly 70 staff on the floor) which allows them to be flexible and ability to react quickly to their environment
- Strong value system. Believe in respect and accountability
Here is an overview of the position
You will report to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the production schedule, preventive maintenance management and records as well as the smooth operations of personnel and quality activities. This includes analyzing current production/capacity needs and creating the most efficient production schedules for the extrusion department.
Additionally, you will be responsible for leading the production planning group to effectively create and maintain an efficient production schedule that meets customer requirements while minimizing cycle times and effectively utilizing inventory.
Finally, you will accountable for the overall implementation and execution of the production planning and optimization process for conversion generation of daily production schedule and analysis, alignment of commercial, supply chain and operational assets, and managing and updating production planning and optimization tools.
Note: The detailed Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities will be provided to candidates who are selected for the interview
What We Need from You:
- 3+ years as a production or planning manager experience
- Relevant education and training/ certifications
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing experience is considered an asset
- Be a chameleon - Given the nature of our clients orders you also must be comfortable in a fast paced, every changing environment. Orders can come in quick and priorities need to change within your already scheduled day / week / month
- Must love being the ‘go to’ person for an organization. You will be relied on to know all potential work orders, what is yet to start, what is in production and what has just been finished in the system.
- Must be safety conscious yourself and be willing to hold production staff accountable
- Be a strong leader and mentor for staff
- A can-do attitude who is passionate about people and motivating a team
We here at Durham Recruiting would like to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. An email will be sent regarding next steps.
Owner – Durham Recruiting