Durham Recruiting is conducting a search on behalf of their growing construction partner based in the Durham Region for the position of Quality Control Assistant. Our partner has a strong and growing niche in the engineered building space whereby most of their residential/commercial structure components are pre-manufactured.
In short: You will be supporting the Quality Control team to ensure assembled products meet the required specifications. This is an ideal role for a 3rd year student (or in the midst of graduating) who is looking for stable part-time employment during the school year and full-time employment during the summer. Additionally, there is a very real opportunity for full-time work post secondary.
About Our Partner:
The management team started the business in 2016 with the goal to revolutionize the construction industry. Moreover, they hope to become the leader in offering builders and developers some of the most compelling modern engineered building solutions – structural, pre-finished wall panels, floor systems, roof framing systems. Since inception they have been on a significant upward trajectory.
What Stood Out For Us:
What stood out for us was their contagious enthusiasm for team, company and the products they are introducing into the market. They have made several key strategic partnerships which combined with their products and passion they’ve experienced exceptional Year-Over-Year growth. 2019 is going to be a record setting year for them and this is only the beginning.
Why Choose Our Client:
• Strong leadership. The company is well managed, passionate and believe in their products
• Industry leading products & strong overall team
• Developing new and significant partnerships
• Real growth opportunity for the successful candidate
• Starting wage is $16/hr
• Be part of team of professionals who really care, passionate and inspiring
• Great location in Durham - Right off the 401
• Professional, ultra modern and friendly working environment
• Eco-Friendly is entrenched in their culture and, their products
Brief Job Description:
• Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of the Quality Control system.
• Assist with audits, records and documentation.
• Prepares and presents reports on quality to Senior Management
• Assists with the analyzation of root cause of issues
• Be a team player with a can-do attitude
• Commit to maintaining the “Gold Standard” in the industry
• Attention to detail
• Ability to read/interpret blue prints/ drawings
• Ongoing or Completed Community College Education
• Experience in the construction industry is an asset.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• LEAN manufacturing experience is an asset
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. Please note that every resume that comes into Durham Recruiting is reviewed.
Not the job for you? We strongly encourage everyone to check out our Job Board for our complete list of jobs that we update every Monday and Thursday. Additionally we encourage all candidates to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay up-to-date on employment opportunities.
Owner - Durham Recruiting