Durham Recruiting is hiring for a Service Tech (working on Car Washes throughout the GTA and into Quebec). This is a full-time permanent role with our stable and growing client here in Whitby. This is a great time to come on board as their service side of the business is steadily growing.
What Stood Out For Us:
Our client has just invested a huge amount of money into upgrading to a new facility that is modern, ergonomic work stations, clean, bright and equipped with a training room. It is a quiet work space that has a newer Supervisor on the production floor that oversees creating a safe, respectful and thriving environment. The Service team works independently outside of the shop on calls but is certainly an integral part of the business.
Our client is a great mid-size company here in Durham that believes in team work, working together and having fun while at work. They work hard and appreciate people’s time. The office is spacious, bright, modern and very friendly. Our client has a lot of tenure in the office and is a great space to work in.
Why Choose Our Client:
- New owner of a company who has been involved with the organization for over 10 years – Company has been around for over 40 (the new owner has been in charge for over 2 years now)
- Assembly / Service Tech Industry
- Monday – Friday – hours will vary depending on location of service
- Rotating on call shift – 1 week every month
- Must be okay to travel as their service calls are throughout Ontario and into Quebec (all expenses paid)
- Hourly wage will depend on experience $17 - $22 to start with potential to grow
- Vacation is negotiable depending on experience
Duties of the Role:
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, chemical, PLC controllers and maintain installed carwash machines and support equipment
- May assist in the installation of new carwash equipment
- Perform periodic scheduled and corrective maintenance, repair and corrects malfunctions as necessary on various systems
- Maintains tools, test equipment, service vehicle, inventory and materials in professional manner
- May work with processes that are unique or peculiar to customer needs, complete repetitive tasks daily if required
- Prepares detailed service, safety and inspection reports.
- Council clients relating to use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Has good communication skills, interfaces with customers and company personnel, able to work in team and independently as required.
What We Need From You:
- Must be professional and take pride in your work
- 3 to 5 years related experience an asset
- Desire to learn and understand new systems and willingness to share new information
- Willingness to travel and work late hours if required
- Ability to frequently bend, kneel, lift and carry up to 70 lbs, work on ladders, scissor lift as required.
- Experience with electricity and wiring equipment, ability to read electrical diagrams
- Experience with electronics and hydraulics, low voltage control circuits and three phase power
- Proper knowledge of using power tools and hand tools, electrical diagnostic equipment
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
We thank all that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. If you are interested in seeing a complete list of roles we currently have available or to be notified of new jobs please follow us on either LinkedIn or Facebook.
Thank you in advance for you time