Durham Recruiting has an amazing opportunity for a Senior Licensed Sheet Metal Worker for Commercial / Industrial projects with our highly regarded partner located in the Durham Region. $35-$38 to start with Benefits from day one!
Our partner is investing heavily and will soon be in a significantly larger facility with new equipment and plans to triple its workforce in the next couple years and have the capital backing to do so. This is the perfect time to join as they are in the early stages of their expansion.
Every weekend is a long weekend as you work a highly desired and rare 4-day 10hour shift and you are paid the moment you leave the shop, have excellent benefits and a leader who is extremely knowledgeable and cares about his team.
In a nutshell you will be traveling to the client site and installing sheet metal for dust collection in industrial and commercial buildings. You will either be working alone or in a team for larger projects. There will also be some service calls throughout your time here.
Please Note: Out of town work necessary with this role (paid from the time you leave the shop for your travel!). Potential to travel across Ontario and Quebec. 70% of work is in Vaughn, Mississauga, Oakville and Etobicoke. Each day starts from Oshawa at the shop.
What Stood Out For Us:
Having been around for over 25 years the owner is known for quality of work, reliability and a tenured team. He is not a micro-manager; he is someone who strongly believes in empowerment & ownership of projects to his employees. They have built a very successful company due to the high standard of quality in fact, in the 20+ years the business has spent zero $$ on advertising which is a true testament to their work and customer service
Why Choose Our Client:
- Huge expansion plans, big opportunities for growth
- Year-Round stable work.
- $35 to $38 per hour dependent on experience
- Paid for your travel time to Job Sites – paid from the moment you leave the shop until you return
- Benefits from day 1 – excellent package
- Monday – Thursday – 4 10-hour days (some days may start later in the day depending on the project)
- 3 Day Weekends just about every week of the year!!!
- Some jobs are on your own and with some you will be working in a team of 2-3
- Tenured staff, excellent senior management team
- Company that takes pride in their work
What We Need From You:
- Down to earth, approachable and customer service-oriented person who is truly passionate about their trade
- Willingness to travel out of town on a consistent basis (Majority of work out of town still stays within the 4 day work week)
- 10+ Years as a Licensed Sheet Metal Worker in Commercial / Industrial projects (there are no residential projects with this company)
- Experience fabricating in the shop / Welding on site is a must
- Must be okay working at heights
- Must have at least 10 years working on Commercial and Industrial locations
- Experience leading a small team on site is considered and asset
- Problem solver and ability to think on your feet coupled with the ability to prioritize the job tasks
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full list of all of our available roles please visit https://www.durhamrecruiting.ca/candidates/search-jobs/