Durham Recruiting has a great Shipping & Receiving / Forklift Operator role available for steady days with our client in Ajax 8am to 4:30pm. This is a full time permanent role **. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds comfortably throughout the day.
What Stood Out For Us:
Our client is a leader in their industry and is fifth generation family owned out of the States. This company has over a hundred years in business with no intention of ever changing. They are a supplier to the electrical industry producing and shipping their product across the globe. The U.S management team is always on site and it is very much a true partnership
Why Choose Our Client:
- With just over 60 working in the Canadian plant there is a real family feel to the location.
- Their tenured staff are friendly and welcoming – very little turn over. In fact all of the senior management team were brought in through agencies and have now worked their way up into management
- Huge investments being made to upgrade and bring in new high tech machinery – lots already upgrades and much more to come
- Very visual location, everything on whiteboards – nothing on computers and no intention on going digital anytime soon
- Very safety conscious – go above and beyond industry standards
- Night Shift 10:30pm to 7am Sunday to Thursday
- $16.50 / hr
- Light weight product – no heavy lifting
- Full benefits after 3 months (at NO cost to you!!)
- Entry into company pension plan after just 6 months!!
- Entry into company profit sharing plan after 6 months – tied to how the company is preforming and not individual performance
- Performance reviews every September
- Huge opportunity for growth – they encourage upward movement from within for all roles
- Award’s evening in the States every year – peer voted as to winner from their plant
- Full time permanent role **
The Job in a Nutshell:
On the day shift you will be receiving incoming shipments of merchandise, pulling/packing material for shipping and related reports/system records. You will also help out with inventory discrepancies and maintain superior warehouse cleanliness and safety while providing excellent customer service.
What We Need From You:
- Great attitude, reliable and the ability to work steady day shift
- Must have 1+ years’ experience in all areas of shipping / receiving
- Excellent organizational skills and be willing to bring your ideas to the table for efficiencies in your department
- Good computer skills with a good aptitude for numbers and accuracy
- Some machine / warehouse / packing experience is preferred
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Must be able to lift and move up to 30 pounds, regular lifting, bending and standing
- Great communication skills both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and the ability to work safely and within company guidelines
** Please note this is a part of our Temp to Hire Program where the full intent is to hire you full time after just 4 weeks! You will start off as a temporary employee but if all is going well with your training and you are a great fit with the team you will be hired on full time! There is no competing for the full-time placement. This is a 1 to 1 ratio.
We would like to thank all of those that apply but only those who have been chosen for a phone interview will be contacted.