Durham Recruiting has an opportunity for a Transportation Director / Manager here in Durham with one of our prestigious clients. This is a very exciting opportunity for any senior level professional because it is a) A new position, b) Brand new location & facility and c) Established & very reputable private logistics company. With this in mind, if you have an entrepreneurial mindset, passionate about logistics, build relationships with ease then this might be the perfect match for you.
Due to their substantial growth, they are building a large facility here in the Durham Region as such,their transporation division requires senior leadership to be accountable for all related activities. This is a substantial opportunity for any passionate transporation / logistics professional who relishes the idea of joining a division at its genesis and make their mark.
What Stood Out For Us:
When we were first introduced to our client, we met through a referral as they were making their way out to the Durham Market. What we were attracted to was their fresh vibe, the respect for their employee’s (through wages and how they are treated) and how down to earth they were within such a fast-moving industry.
It is a very exciting time for them in that they are expanding and growing considerably within their industry. They are winning through their product lines being offered, their customer service and reliability in deliveries.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Stability – having been around for over 100 years this company is growing year over year consistently
- Monday – Friday position - Day Shift!
- Excellent salary – $110, 000
- Bonus - 25%
- Vacation is negotiable, Benefits package
- Great company culture - one that believes in working with their staff to make everyone better
- Down to earth leadership that believes in making a difference in the communities they reside in
- Training at the head office for 6 months - Great opportunity to forge strong relationships
The main responsibility within this role is to consistently improve efficiencies and cost effectiveness of the Transportation Operations by working to improve current systems, developing new systems and keeping costs down. Key components of the role:
- Assessing staffing requirements for the fleets and recruit all levels of staff, onboarding and then working with HR to achieve objectives, mentor staff and if needed performance management / discipline procedures
- Capitol Project Planning – identify scope, resources, cost associated and ROI on the investment. Once approved schedule and complete projects
- Assist with budgeting – weekly, monthly, annually
- Overseas scheduling department to ensure optimized routes, efficiencies, costing new routes
- A full description of responsibilities will be given during the interview process
What We Need From You:
- Be a leader
- Related education is an asset
- 5+ years in a similar position or experience as an Supply Chain and Logistics Manager for a large corporation
- Proven track record of successs: Process, efficiencies, customers, staff
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. Please note that every resume that comes into Durham Recruiting is reviewed.
Not the job for you? We strongly encourage everyone to check out our Job Board for our complete list of jobs that we update every Monday and Thursday. Additionally we encourage all candidates to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay up-to-date on employment opportunities.
Owner - Durham Recruiting