Durham Recruiting is looking for a Industrial Warehouse Supervisor with our well-respected partner that is a leading global engineering firm with a key strategic industrial facility located in Northumberland (45-60 mins east of Toronto). This is a 1-year contract position with a real potential to be extended or offered full time. We are looking for an individual that is experienced working in a heavy-duty industrial manufacturing setting.
Our partner is investing heavily into people, equipment and systems to continue its excellent reputation for solving customers complex problems by engineering, manufacturing and servicing mission-critical equipment for mining, industrial and construction industries.
With this in mind, you will be responsible for the for management of shipping and receiving patterns in your department. This includes ensuring adherence to all safety and plant policies, administration of the CBA, communication with production and methods departments, inventory management and optimizing productivity in the warehouse.
What Stood Out For Us:
The company has been in business for over 100 years and have grown and evolved over the years through innovative engineering and technology. They have built a reputation on quality innovative products that allow for their customers to work safely. It was clear to us the company has worked hard over the last couple years to build a culture of teamwork and collaboration. This has driven exceptionally high employee satisfaction ratings and better engagement overall. Additionally, in this unionized environment, there is a solid relationship in place with very little issues.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Salary dependent on experience and specific industry knowledge $32-35/hr
- 1-year contract with a real potential to be hired on full time
- Monday – Friday Day time hours
- Established in the community, stable and growing year over year – no layoffs
- Work with a company that puts H&S as its number 1 priority
- Great work environment, friendly people and great management
- Plant Manager has been with the company for many years and is very hands on but NOT a micromanager– Very organized who strongly believes in empowering his team
- Collaborative place to work, always looking for ways to improve their location and operations
- Be part of a global leader and interact with counterparts in other locations
- Inspire, motivate and lead your team to meet expectations while working safely
- Hold your team accountable to all Health & Safety standards
- Maintain storage, inventory and warehouse
- Maintain production expectations, analyze and report on all aspects of your warehouse for improvements, maintaining company standards and employee moral
- Maintain standards for shipping and inventory levels in house and at storage locations
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained and employee receive training when needed
- A full list of responsibilities will be given during the face to face
- A full list of responsibilities will be given during the face to face interview with Durham Recruiting
What We Need From You:
- Positive, outgoing and proactive person that genuinely loves working with people
- Hands on Manager that enjoys working with Millennial’s to those with 30+ years in a plant
- 5+ years’ experience as a Warehouse Supervisor in a unionized environment
- Experience analyzing data, managing inventory and working with management to make improvements in all areas of your warehouse
- Excellent time management, communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an ISO Environment
- Experience working in an Industrial environment (dirty, dusty and noisy environment)
- Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or a Relevant field is preferred
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full list of all of our available roles please visit https://www.durhamrecruiting.ca/candidates/search-jobs/